Current Job Openings
Water Resources Engineer / Hydrologist
- Job #: SB20-015
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Sudbury, Ontario
GeoTriangle Consulting Inc. is an engineering and geoscience consulting firm, which provides professional engineering services, technical advice and solutions across Canada to clients in mining industries as well as geotechnical and rock & soil mechanics projects. We have expertise in geotechnical engineering and mining fields, such as dams/dykes, canals, tunnels and underground structures, highways, pipelines, buildings, bridges, etc. Our focus is on the following industries:
- Dam & Hydropower
- Oil & Gas
- Infrastructure & Transportation
GeoTriangle is seeking a Water Resources Engineer / Hydrologist to join our dynamic team in Sudbury, Ontario, where our business is growing.
The successful candidate will manage and consult on projects across Canada. Assignments will include culvert design, water management plans for mining, water supply assessments, river engineering, natural channel design, flood mitigation, or decision support for water management, as well as operating rules for dams and dam safety-related works. This work will involve full project scopes from conceptual studies to the detailed design and construction stage and liaising with other technical specialists as required. This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects and may include national travel to study sites.
- Communicate with a variety of clients, agencies, stakeholders and the public, and develop and maintain business relationships with them;
- Manage projects including project team direction, coordination, monitor schedules, and budgets;
- Liaise and coordinate with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, and third parties to accomplish the required project objectives;
- Prepare proposals including cost estimates and schedule for mining, river engineering, and stormwater management projects, or a combination of those projects;
- Conduct and supervise hydrological studies and hydraulic analyses for water supply, hydrotechnical design basis, water quantity and quality assessment/modelling and prepare technical reports with recommendations.
- Direct and supervise field activities, including installation, investigation, monitoring and testing services, data collecting, and prepare technical reports on water resources projects;
- Carry out analysis of data, including computer analyses and reporting;
- Attend project meetings, follow-up with outstanding tasks, and carry out site inspections when technical guidance and support is required;
- Write and review technical reports and associated documents;
- Assign, direct, and review work undertaken by other staff to ensure that projects and submittals are completed to a high degree of accuracy;
- Coach, mentor and develop technicians and junior employees.
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements)
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Water Resources Engineering from an accredited university required (postgraduate is considered an asset);
- 3 to 5 years of relevant Canadian experience in water resources or hydrology engineering in industry;
- Practical experience in water resources-related activities including; watershed hydrology modeling and assessment, source water protection, and other water resources studies;
- Strong practical experience in dam safety engineering (inspection, review, etc.)
- Proficiency in water resources and hydrology analysis software; such as ArcGIS/ArcHydro, MODFLOW and FEFLOW programs;
- Hydrogeology experience is considered an asset;
- Credible knowledge of regulatory policies related to water resources and hydrology;
- Strong project management, technical and analytical skills;
- Strong technical writing skills; experienced in the preparation of correspondence, reports, and proposals;
- Effective verbal communicator, including presentation, facilitation and listening skills;
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills. French skills are considered an asset;
- Ability to work in a team under the leadership of a senior/principal engineer;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer of Ontario (P. Eng.) and in good standing, or eligible to obtain P. Eng. within 1 year;
- Must be willing to travel across Canada, as required;
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
Hot to Apply
Applicants should respond by forwarding their resume along with a cover letter and quote Job # SB20-015 to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, ONLY candidates under consideration will be contacted directly for further evaluation.