Current Job Openings
- Job #: SB20-010
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Sudbury, Ontario
GeoTriangle Consulting Inc. is an engineering and geoscience consulting firm, which provides professional engineering services, technical advice and solutions across Canada to clients in mining industries as well as geotechnical and rock & soil mechanics projects. We have expertise in geotechnical engineering and mining fields, such as dams/dykes, canals, tunnels and underground structures, highways, pipelines, buildings, bridges, etc. Our focus is on the following industries:
- Dam & Hydropower
- Oil & Gas
- Infrastructure & Transportation
GeoTriangle is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our dynamic team in Sudbury, Ontario.
The successful candidate will manage and consult on projects across Canada. Assignments will include geotechnical characterization and applying soil/rock mechanics principles to the projects such as surface and underground structures, dams, foundations, etc. This work will involve full project scopes from conceptual studies to the detailed design and construction stage and liaising with other technical specialists as required. This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects and may include national travel to study sites.
- Communicate with a variety of clients, agencies, stakeholders and the public, and develop and maintain business relationships with them;
- Manage projects including project team direction, coordination, monitor schedules, and budgets;
- Liaise and coordinate with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, and third parties to accomplish the required project objectives;
- Prepare proposals for geotechnical and soil/rock mechanics services for civil engineering projects that include cost estimates and schedule;
- Direct and supervise field activities, including installation, investigation, monitoring and testing services on construction projects;
- Review and interpret monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation programs;
- Carry out analysis of data, including computer analyses;
- Attend project meetings, follow-up with outstanding tasks, and carry out site inspections when technical guidance and support is required;
- Write and review technical reports and associated documents;
- Assign, direct, and review work undertaken by other staff to ensure that projects and submittals are completed to a high degree of accuracy;
- Coach, mentor and develop technicians and junior geotechnical employees.
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements)
- Undergraduate degree in geological, mining or geotechnical engineering required (postgraduate is considered an asset);
- 3 to 5 years of relevant Canadian experience in geotechnical and soil/rock mechanics engineering activities in industry;
- Practical experience in geotechnical logging, mapping, evaluation, and soil/rock characterization;
- Strong practical experience in dam safety engineering (inspection, review, etc.)
- Strong practical experience in geotechnical instrumentation, data acquisition, monitoring, and analysis;
- Proficiency in geotechnical and geomechanical analysis software; such as Itasca, Geo-Studio, and Rocscience programs;
- Hydrogeology experience is considered an asset;
- Credible knowledge of relevant municipal, provincial and design standards;
- Strong management, technical and analytical skills;
- Strong technical writing skills; experienced in the preparation of correspondence, reports, and proposals;
- Effective verbal communicator, including presentation, facilitation and listening skills;
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills. French skills are considered an asset;
- Ability to work in a team under the leadership of a senior/principal engineer;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer of Ontario (P. Eng.) and in good standing, or eligible to obtain P. Eng. within 1 year;
- Must be willing to travel across Canada, as required;
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
Hot to Apply
Applicants should respond by forwarding their resume along with a cover letter and quote Job # SB20-010 to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, ONLY candidates under consideration will be contacted directly for further evaluation.