Current Job Openings
Field Technician – Civil/Geotechnical
- Job #: SB20-016
- Job Type: Part Time
- Job Location: Sudbury, Ontario
GeoTriangle Consulting Inc. is an engineering and geoscience consulting firm, which provides professional engineering services, technical advice and solutions across Canada to clients in mining industries as well as geotechnical and rock & soil mechanics projects. We have expertise in geotechnical engineering and mining fields, such as dams/dykes, canals, tunnels and underground structures, highways, pipelines, buildings, bridges, etc. Our focus is on the following industries:
- Dam & Hydropower
- Oil & Gas
- Infrastructure & Transportation
GeoTriangle is seeking a Field Technician – Civil/Geotechnical to join our dynamic team in Sudbury, Ontario.
We are looking for graduates of civil engineering technology or technician program for civil/geotechnical fieldwork and/or laboratory testing work. This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects and may include national travel to job sites.
- Liaise and coordinate with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, and third parties to accomplish the required project objectives;
- Participate at site meetings, if required;
- Conduct civil/geotechnical field testing including soil, rock, and concrete testing and soil & asphalt compaction testing using a nuclear/non-nuclear gauges;
- Collect & deliver aggregate, soil, rock, asphalt, concrete, and groundwater samples for laboratory testing;
- Perform site inspections and evaluation;
- Perform civil/geotechnical laboratory testing including proctor tests, sieve/hydrometer analysis, gradation, moisture content, compressive strength and various other tests for soil, rock, asphalt and concrete samples;
- Prepare and submit field report (daily, weekly, etc.);
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements)
- Graduates of civil engineering technology/technician or construction program. Completion of 2 years in a civil engineering degree program will be considered; C.E.T. or C.Tech. candidates will be preferred;
- 1 to 3 years of relevant Canadian experience in geotechnical/civil filed activities in industry;
- Practical experience in geotechnical logging, mapping, evaluation, and soil/rock characterization;
- Knowledge of relevant municipal and provincial standards;
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills. French skills are considered an asset;
- Ability to work in a team under the leadership of a senior/principal engineer;
- Must be willing to travel across Canada, if required;
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
Hot to Apply
Applicants should respond by forwarding their resume along with a cover letter and quote Job # SB20-016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, ONLY candidates under consideration will be contacted directly for further evaluation.